The Prepress Operator works under the supervision of the Prepress Manager to prepare customer-supplied digital files for print according to job specifications while meeting company quality requirements with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use various software applications and systems to prepare and possibly trouble shoot files for production.
- Communicate with the Prepress Manager on job status and any potential issues.
- Output, assemble, and QC both content and color proofs.
- Create or modify electronic layouts and impositions.
- Ability to color and image manipulate.
- Make plates on occasion when needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years employment experience in an electronic prepress environment preferred.
- Knowledge in Prinergy, Colorflow, InSite, and/or RBA a plus.
- Able to multi-task efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, SOP’s, and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in the latest versions of the following programs: Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Pitstop, and Quark. Strong working knowledge of imposition and trapping.
- Must work well both individually and as part of a team.
Baesman Group, Inc. offers a complete benefits package to full-time associates. Our package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; company paid life insurance, short & long term disability; 401(k) with a generous company match; profit sharing; paid time off, (8) paid holidays and much more! Baesman has been in business for over 60 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in America award winner. EOE