Finishing Operations Helper
Under the direction of the Department Manager or shift lead person, the Finishing Operations Helper performs general labor tasks for the department and assists operators of various levels with their work assignments. The Helper is the entry level position for our 2nd & 3rd shift operations in the Bindery, Lettershop and K&A for those individuals with no specific department or machine experience. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, we will train you! We have open positions on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive work assignment and work priorities from Department Manager or shift lead person.
- Assist assigned operator to produce the required quantity of each job to our quality standards by:
- Staging materials and supplies for the operator they are assisting.
- Feed the machine or process, when directed and as needed.
- Package, stack, or box work product as directed.
- Remove excess product, work-in-process, and finished goods from the work area, label them appropriately, and stage them as required.
- Follow and comply with all safety rules, work rules, and regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned work area and throughout the department work space.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Must be able to read and understand a job ticket and adhere to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Mechanical experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment and be held accountable for quality of work produced.
- Able to bend, kneel, reach, stand and lift up to approximately 25 lbs. as needed.
- We offer an excellent pay and benefits package including: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; short & long term disability; 401(k) with a generous company match; life insurance, profit sharing, paid time off, (8) paid holidays and much more! Baesman has been in business for over 60 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in America award winner. EOE