What does your future look like? Are you looking for a Job or a career? Volatility or stability? Change or tradition? A team or a family? At Baesman, we hire associates who are looking for more. As a family-owned business of three generations- we're invested in the people we hire, because they are family. We take pride in helping our teammates achieve more than they thought possible.
We are currently looking for an experienced Bindery Operator (folder/ cutter) to aid in the production process of our 3rd shift operations. The Bindery Operator is responsible for ensuring that production goals are met by providing accurate and timely finishing of quality products for our clients. The activities carried out within the department include; cutting, folding, die cutting, saddle stitching, drilling, padding and scoring. The bindery Operator provides both the final finishing steps on many products, as well as intermediate finishing (cutting, folding, etc.) on products that are finished in other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate bindery equipment in a manner that meets our safety, quality and production standards
- Setup machines to meet specifications according to the job ticket provided
- Refer to the job ticket to locate important information to ensure job accuracy
- Run equipment at target productivity metrics to complete jobs on time
- Work safely to prevent accidents by keeping the area clean and free of any trip hazards
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous bindery experience required
- Mechanically inclined
- Familiarity with basic mathematics (decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in the job ticket, and to make more complicated adjustments
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment and be held accountable for the quality of work produced
- Ability to bend, kneel, reach, stand and lift up to 50 lbs as needed
Baesman Group, Inc. offers a complete benefits package to full-time employees. Our package includes medical, dental, vision insurance; 401(K) with a generous company match; company-paid short and long-term disability and life insurance; profit sharing; (8) paid holidays; paid time off and much more!
Baesman has been in business for over 65 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in America award winner.
Baesman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.