Baesman Group, Inc. is looking for Bindery Helpers for their 2nd Shift operations (Monday – Friday, 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM). Under the direction of the Bindery Manager or shift lead person, the Bindery Helper assists in all activities to assemble a finished product, ensuring the highest quality product, meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
The Bindery Helper is the entry level position in Bindery for those individuals with no bindery or specific machine experience. Great opportunity to learn the business and grow into an operator position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Receive work assignment and work priorities from Bindery Manager or shift lead person.
Assist assigned operator to produce the required quantity of each job to our quality standards by:
- Staging materials and supplies for the operator they are assisting.
- Feed the machine or process, when directed and as needed.
- Package, stack, or box work product as directed.
- Remove excess product, work-in-process, and finished goods from the work area, label them appropriately, and stage them as required.Follow and comply with all safety rules, work rules, and regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned work area and throughout the department work space.Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience preferred, but not necessary. Prior mechanical experience required.
- Familiarity with basic mathematics (decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job tickets and to make more complicated adjustments.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment and be held accountable for quality of work produced.
- Able to bend, kneel, reach, stand and lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
We offer full-time team members an excellent pay and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) with a generous company match, profit sharing, company-paid short and long term disability and life insurance, paid time off, 8 paid holidays and more!
Baesman has been in business for over 60 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in America award winner.
Baesman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.