Prepress Mac Operator
Baesman Group has an excellent opportunity for someone wanting a career with a first class printing and marketing company. We work with the top national retailers, universities, hospitality and Fortune 500 companies. We continue to break records from previous years and are still growing. We are currently looking for a Prepress Mac Operator for our 2nd shift operations. This position will work under the supervision of the Prepress Manager to prepare customer-supplied digital files for print according to job specifications while meeting company quality requirements with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use various software applications and systems to prepare and possibly trouble shoot files for production.
- Communicate with the Prepress Manager on job status and any potential issues.
- Output, assemble, and QC both content and color proofs.
- Create or modify electronic layouts and impositions.
- Ability to color and image manipulate.
- Make plates on occasion when needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years employment experience in an electronic prepress environment preferred.
- Knowledge in Prinergy, Colorflow, InSite, and/or RBA a plus.
- Able to multi-task efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, SOP’s, and work instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in the latest versions of the following programs: Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Pitstop, and Quark. Strong working knowledge of imposition and trapping.
- Must work well both individually and as part of a team.
Baesman Group, Inc. offers a complete benefits package to full-time associates. Our package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; company paid life insurance, short & long term disability; 401(k) with a generous company match; profit sharing; paid time off, (8) paid holidays and much more! Baesman has been in business for over 60 years and is a PIA Best Workplace in America award winner. EOE